Sunday, April 26, 2020

Not very creative times.

For me anyway.  But I did recall the project I had had remembered and then forgotten again, and it involves EPP with irregular shapes, and might possibly result in an exhibition piece--maybe.

Shortly after we were confined to our homes, I lost a friend, who had, at one time, been a very close friend.  This distance was the result of declining health and fortunes on both our parts, and we still enjoyed an active phone conversation, on the few occasions it was possible.  Her death had nothing to do with the virus, but was the end result of some serious health problems. Her mother had, at one time, been a mentor to me in my fibre art life, as well.  My friend had given me two simple pieces of her mother's work, and I felt the need to incorporate those pieces into a piece of my work, in memory of both ladies ( although, in truth, my friend was a "good old gal" and didn't always deserve the title of "lady").

This is the piece, and it is now basted together, ready to be stitched. The work is not my best, but with this piece the need was within me to create something, and that need has been met.  Having said that, my concern is that my skill may never be as good as it once was.  Time will tell, and I'm prepared for whatever may happen.


No comments: