Friday, April 10, 2020

Things are looking up

I appear to be getting over the virus.  Felt better and had more energy yesterday, and today was a little better.  It's very much an up and down process, so I just take one day at a time.  My creativity appears to have moved to Moscow again, so, with not much energy, I've spending more time in donkey work in the studio.   Over the past couple of days, I've made face masks for all of my extended family.  Searching the internet for patterns or designs was an exercise in frustration.  Many instructions contradicted each other, so I looked for things that appeared consistent across the variety of instructions I saw.  Most agreed that it was best to use good quality cotton--it had to be cotton for washing and sterilizations procedures.   Good quilting cotton, especially batiks was preferred.  People all over the world are obsessed with finding elastic, and I have none, nor access to any.  So I needed instructions that used quilting cotton, but also spoke of ties.  I found one that worked and made sense at http://artwithaneedle.blogspot.com/

Here are my finished masks.

I made the inside different than the outside, so there would be no mistakes in putting them on.  The ties may be a little long, but everyone using them is old enough to make their own decisions about cutting them off.  Now to get them to everyone, which means all of them coming to pick them up  over the weekend.

No comments: