Tuesday, April 28, 2020

What a difference a day makes

A couple of good night's sleep, and my brain appears to be working better. My self confidence took a bit of a beating today, watching all of the wonderful work that appeared during a Zoom meeting with the TFAM group.  An amazing group in terms of both creativity and productivity. I've been working with fibre for almost 60 years now, but these ladies have left me in their dust, in terms of that creativity and confidence.  Much of this can be a function of advancing years, but right now I'm just content to be a part of the group, and to have access to the wonderful things that are going on there.

Another group that I've been involved with lately is TextileArt.org.  This group has been running a series of 6 textile challenges through Facebook.  I have participated in two of these, and have collected the instructions for the others, with every intent of exploring those as well.

Here is the basic fused picture that is my  start to challenge #6.
I have followed the instructions to this point.  We were given little instruction in terms of supplies, but more what to do with the supplies each of us has chosen.  

Here is  my result.    It is about 9" by 12", only slightly larger than suggested.  I could only find two fabric in my stash that had any flowers that could be cut out individually, and have used both. We were told to choose a fabric with large flowers that we could cut out and applique. I spent several hours, last evening, cutting out the flowers with tiny embroidery scissors--the best for the job.  (Had to wear my wrist brace while sleeping last night).  In the end I had  many more of the maple leaf pieces than I needed, and selected the smallest for using here.  The stem is rick-rack, as directed in the instructions.
The best part of this, was that the unused maple leaves, gave me the inspiration of another piece.  It is still in my head, but is basically a vertical compression design.  Here are the fabrics I've chosen from my stash.  I'm very excited about this, and can't wait to actually get started.



No comments: