Monday, March 28, 2022

Back after a short "time out"

 Not that I stopped working but simply that there wasn't time and energy to post.  Yes, the pace has left me exhausted, and after a discussion with DH I've decided to slow down the process.  I also discussed this with a friend, who suggested that I limit the amount of time I work on the "purge" each day, and instead take time to work on a project.  But, I know I would find it impossible to work on a project when the whole studio is in a mess of things needing sorting.  At the same time, preparations for the craft sale at the end of April need to be given some degree of priority.  

The theory of a challenge is a commitment to work for a set period of time each day, on a specific task, usually practice with a specific skill.  There is also supposed to be some sort of accountability, which for me, has been this blogging about progress.  In terms of my "purge", I've decided to consider this blogging a form of accountability, as part of my time commitment. 

In any case, my purging progress will be slower in future.  I'm exhausted every day by about 2:00pm.  Progress may come to a halt after the main part of the studio is done, but before starting on the storage area, which is in, just as much if not more, need of a good purge.  Instead, the accumulated piles of scrap fabric, UFO's, and craft sale items will be dealt with, over time, but equally as part of the continuing purge. The storeroom will not be forgotten, but may be accomplished bit by bit over time while during quick breaks from UFO's.  Posting will continue.

But, to the weekend's work.

This part of the shelving unit has been sorted, purged, and cleaned.  I don't know where the after picture went.


The rolling cabinet, and bookcase have both been sorted out.  The bulk of stuff taken from these areas went straight to the recycling bin or garbage.

The bulletin board and rolling cabinet under it have been sorted. The whole design wall has been cleaned off .  Along with some painted fabric from the shelving unit, the painted fabric on the design wall has been culled with about half of it going to scrap, and the other half stored away for future reference.  In the rolling cabinet I discovered three sets of shears that had been sharpened, put carefully away, and forgotten.

As well as the above, DH washed the floor under the ironing board, where it had become sticky with over-spray from the Best Press I use to help with the ironing.

The end of the studio purge is in sight. One more rolling cabinet and a shelving unit, including the wall space above the cabinet.  Then the scrap fabric and UFO's will have to be organized in some way.  After that, the UFO's will get first attention.  This will allow me to have some creative time, and work toward a purpose at the same time.


No comments: