Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Thirty day Challenge continues

 The darn folded paper towers have proven a challenge all by their selves.  Each tower requires one square of coloured paper.  I chose to use four shades of red, purple, and gold as my colours.  Each colour of paper was cut into 1", 3/4", 5/8" and 1/2" squares.  I folded a good selections of each and stitched some of them down.



Oh! Oh!  Not liking this!  But I did like the corner where the towers had been turned upside down and beaded.  After thinking a bit, I decided the space might look better if the upside down towers were used in the whole area.  But that would mean cutting a whole bunch more  tiny 1/2" squares and getting rid of the other sizes.  I really dislike folding those tiny squares, and my arthritic fingers aren't too pleased with the idea either.  But, by working on nothing but that task, and working for only a short period at any one time, the job is getting done.   I can manage about 12 every day while watching the 6:00 news. Here is the first corner finished.  I think it looks good and will fit in with future work quite nicely.



One of the rules I set for myself when starting this challenge was that I wouldn't buy any more supplies to complete the challenge.  Well, that didn't last long as I had to buy both purple and gold beads.  But I was determined not to buy red beads, and sifted through all my red beads looking for beads of a size to use.  Here is the final selection.  I used some in the above and feel that they do well.  There is even a gold bead on one of the dark red pockets.


But, now I have to fold another 46 red 1/2" squares of paper.  Yuck!


No comments: