Friday, March 25, 2022

Work Slow Down, and time for decisions

 As predicted the pace of work has diminished, with hitting that darn shelving unit.  The number of decisions that are having to be made at this point have also slowed the pace down.  As well as "keep, donate and trash", by options are now UFO pile, craft sale pile, and internet sale? pile.  Yes, I am preparing a list of items that will be offered at a price to a select group of friends, via the internet.  There are some items that I'm not willing to give away, but could be persuaded to part with--for a price.  I've discussed this with a couple of people whose opinion  respect, ( and whose names just might be among that select few), and I feel comfortable in doing this. 

With these additions to my decision-making process, I can see a future challenge of finishing all of those UFO's, so I've been making a list of items that are going in that pile, as I expect that the pile will be stored away somewhere when my process is finished.

Another issue that's arising is scraps of fabric that would be big enough to be cut into shapes for making donation quilts, although I've recently come across a process for joining that pieces as they are without any trimming or cutting.  I just might explore that.  Here's the first box that has come to the surface.  The soft drink can is there for size comparison.  This, smaller bin, had been on top of the first half of the shelving unit, which is now done.  I have made a decision not to go through the bins of commercial fabric at this time.


Here is the first half of the shelving unit finished. The item on the top left is a fairly large pile of prepared for Dyeing  ( PFD) fabric.  More than I realized I had.  The pile on the right is all of the fabric collected for two UFO's


And this is what I'm facing on the other half of the shelving unit.  Again I started at the top. On the extreme right there are a sleeve ironing board, and a tailor's "ham"-- a round, heavily padded, item for ironing in curves.  Both are going to the thrift store. The box is a collection of a variety of items that I've made over the years, mainly by hand embroidery.  I consider many of these as my masterpieces, and several of those I've saved.  Others will be going to the craft sale.  On the left, barely visible, is a plastic bag of many shapes and sizes of wooden alphabet letters.  Those are headed for the thrift store as well. Hidden behind them, totally to my surprise there were a couple of white pre-cut matt boards.  Those will be kept for future consideration.  Everything else on the shelves will wait for another day.



No comments: