Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Catch up for Tuesday

 Tuesday was the day of a large monthly shopping, and bill paying.  This took until close to 3:00, by which time we were both exhausted.  But I went down and addressed one small drawer in a rolling cabinet.  One I've been avoiding.  There are two more drawers that have been rigidly avoided so far, but have now presented themselves for consideration, and that may happen today.

Yesterday's drawer contained three antique beaded evening purses, and one contemporary evening purse that I made as part of a major, in-person, workshop with an international instructor.  That one purse appears pitiful when compared to the the beaded purses, and as such, I feel no emotional ties with it.  Neither do I feel emotional about the beaded purses, but would still like to see them  preserved in some way.  I have an idea about how to deal with that, and will follow-up with a phone call in the next few days. (It's in my BuJo)

There were also a pile of photos I've taken and hoped to use to stimulate creativity.  But these have been hanging around for almost 20 years, and will be culled.  Finally there were 24 Polymer clay buttons purchased from a well known local artist from whom I've taken several classes in polymer clay. The original intent was to use these as focal point in small matted pictures.  However, this intent has lead to several discussions with other artists regarding copywrite, and even the loss of integrity associated with using some ones else's in your own art.  It is often done but then described as a collaboration.  These will be offered to a group  of knitters I know to use as buttons in their creations.

My final sitting down task yesterday was to look through my quality cotton collection and see exactly how much I have and figure out how it might be used.  I have enough cut squares and yardage to finish at least two flannel crib quilts.  Nothing being discarded there.

So for today, my plans are to clear off the work table and sewing machine and deal with the already cut pieces for coffee cuffs.  The cut pieces that were of similar colours to the finished pile have been disposed of and only yellow and red based pieces saved, as I already have more than enough for the upcoming sale, but desperately needed some colour variation.

 

No comments: