Saturday, March 12, 2022

Second Thoughts

 I'm liking this 30 Day Challenge piece less and less.  While I tried to follow some elements of art in my colour choices and building repetition into the design, I lost a couple by leaving too little space between elements, and no space to rest eyes.

I have finished the next row which consists of "stacked sequins".  I prefer to call them stacked elements.  Each one starts with a small yo-yo made out of cream-coloured organza.  Then I added flat pieces of both paper and fabric, stitching everything down with a gold bead that matches the ones at the focus of the floral-type elements around the edge.




The stitching should be finished by Monday, but the challenge doesn't end until Friday the 18th.  however, my challenge was to create and familiarize myself with the methods I learned in that workshop with Jessica Brady on Textileartist.org, and there are a couple not used in this piece.  A
 good chance to plan another piece.

 


No comments: