Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A-a-arrrgh!

I heat set and washed all of the prints I made yesterday, and the colour faded on most of them. I wonder if it would be better if I left them for a week or so before washing them? Who am I kidding? I can barely wait the 24 hours before wanting to play with them. I have ideas for at least two hangings/collages out of them, but I have a sewing commission that needs to be finished today, if possible. Two lovely canvaswork evening bags that I have to finish-very pretty and very well stitched. I'm flatttered to even be asked to work on such nice things! DH went over to finish some painting today, and says that there is still chaos over at my DD's house. The electrician was there trying to sort out a problem in the basement, and to install the new dining room chandelier. DH is home now and absolutely worn out. He's sleeping in front of the tv--maybe a good thing. Since we retired we're just not up to a full day of physical work anymore. I mailed the forms to enter two more quilted hangings in the upcoming quilt show. This was an accomplishment for me, as I know my work is different, and not likely to be well received. But if no-one lets them know that work like this is out there, how will it ever become accepted? So now I have stuff out there waiting for the selection process for our different shows. I wonder why I seem to need that external validation of my work. I know I will keep working regardless of what people say about it, but it would be nice if someone said something nice.

No comments: