Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feeling Guilty

The painting is going well. Yesterday, I stayed home while DH went over to paint ( he did this for a living in another life). He's off today to finish up. He says that the houe is looking a little better--I sure hope it is! Now, of course, the children are sick, especially the three year old.

So yesterday I had the whole day to work in the studio with no-one else in the house. What a strange feeling! It very rarely happens that I'm alone in my house. I couldn't settle to studio work, so started to do some prep work. I have a studio day planned with a friend on Monday. We are going to do some gelatine printing, so I started to make up the gelatine. I wasn't sure of the proportions, so I used two tablespoons of gelatine for one cup of water. I wanted to put it in a large cookie sheet. I set the cookie sheet up in the fridge, mixed the galatine and poured it in. Not a drop spilled. Then I noticed that the sheet wasn't level. I had it on a lazy susan and tried to take the lazy susan out. You guessed it. Gelatine everywhere! And everywhere it landed it solidified in place. I had a perfect imprint, in gl;eatine, of the pattern off the lazy susan, in the middle of the floor (where I threw the darn thing!) Do you know how difficult it is to get solid gelatine out of the gasket in a freezer door? It took almost two hours but I have everything cleaned up, except what may be hiding behind and under the compartments in the fridge. You actually have to scrape gelatine off walls and floors--it doesn't wash. Now that the tray of gelatine is set, I can tackle the inside of the fridge today. Studio work?? Never got there.

No comments: