Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to the labyrinth or one piece down---

and about 25 to go. I used one of the pieces for a set of post cards for a swap. First I stamped the piece with a stamp I made of a Minoan Labyrinth ( I know there is another term for this very ancient pattern, but darned if I can think of it). Then I drew a larger labyrinth on it that took up the whole piece. I made a machine-wrapped cord and couched it over all of the lines on the labyrinth. Then I cut the large piece into the correct postcard size. This way everybody gets a piece of my labyrinth. I know I'm being somewhat "flip" about this. The labyrinth is a very important spiritual symbol for me. Many times over the years I've turned to this symbol in my work, and the rewards have been great--not always visible rewards, but rewards none the less. Now to figure out how I'm going to use the other pieces that I printed on Monday

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

wow, look at all the posts this week. WTG.