Saturday, October 11, 2008

Again, a dull, dreary day. I've been re-thinking my little piece and plan to add another feature that, I hope, will bring it to life. However, the end result will be very traditional. Funny how I revert to traditional when I really need to develop a design that works. What I plan is developed from a class I took at Quilt Canada in Ottawa a couple of years ago. It was a terrible class, and I was quite critical of the teacher in my evaluation, but when I was looking for a feature, this one little thing out of the class came to mind. So, my "Trees in the Mist" will now form the background of a pumpkin patch. It means working in layers, but rather than layers from lowest level to highest level, I'll have to work in layers from left to right. I hope to get most of it done today, as I just don't want to think of going outside.

We went shopping yesterday for food for Monday. We had a big turkey last weekend when the whole family was here, so this time we chose a very nice eye of round roast. I'm going to roast some veggies as well as potatoes, and with pumpkin pie, we'll have a feast. I love roast veggies such as turnip and beets, and I think DD does as well, although DH hates veggies in any way, shape or form.

No comments: