Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Great results!







from the discharging of the quilted fabric. I used both hand and machine quilting so that I could compare the results. I'm very pleased with the effect in the first picture, where I've done the close together geometric lines. The other two pictures were so fuzzy when I actually got them on the screen that I just deleted them. A similar effect but with different types of quilting. I really want to do more of this, but at the same time, I want it to be my work and not just a knock off of the stuff in the book. I sure wish I could take better pictures!!
Today I'm off to see the fibre art at the CMU Gallery. The reviews have been excellent, and since I know all three of the artists, it wil be more personal. Then home to do laundry and pack for my trip on Thursday. I have a meeting here tomorrow afternoon, so would be more comfortable if the laundry was done today.

No comments: