Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I seem to have been running for the past few days. Maybe eventually I'll catch up with myself. Today a friend is supposed to be coming for a studio day. I haven't heard from her in quite awhile, so am prepared for her to not show up. I'll be very disappointed. We had planned to do some gelatine printing and I've made up two trays of gelatine--without spilling it all over the fridge, like last time. I'm also wanting to try some low water immersion dyeing. I've committed myself to teaching it to embroiderers' in January, so figure I better find out what it's all about. In order to do all this we had to completely re-arrange the basement and roll up the rug. We've put down a big piece of canvas on the floor and set up a portable table. My only concern is that the rolled rug is in the laundry room and that's where I usually mix my dyes, as one of my sources of water is there, as well as a working surface. So whatever happens, I'm going to give myself the pleasure of a day in the studio. It looks beautiful outside so I may even get that sunprint done in black that I've been wanting to try.

No comments: