Saturday, September 27, 2008

Not much stitching

I went to the official opening of the embroidery exhibit at the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library on Thursday evening. It's a lovely exhibit. It has been in the making for over two years, and worth every bit of effort it took. Then yesterday was "payday" , so we bought groceries. Not a lot of food to show for over $300.00, but I got a free turkey. Superstore had a promotion. If you spent more than $175.00 you got a free turkey. Last time we got a free bottle of laundry soap--a big one. Then I sat down to watch Dr. Who last night and it was stupid. The first 5 minutes turned me right off. So I switched to Torchwood, and it was a hoot! While I watch tv I've been working on a Christmas stocking for my most recent grandchild. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, so have been working a bit more often. I have a few other hand-stitched projects waiting in line,so really need to get this done.

But I know I have difficulty sticking to something. Once I get started, and start to have problems, I procrastinate. But I've learned that, if I'm procrastinating, it's usually because something isn't right with the project. I may not know what it is right away, but if I let the whole thing percolate in my brain for awhile, it will usually sort itself out. So I've given myself today and tomorrow to play/work in the studio. I have a friend coming over for a studio day on Wednesday and we plan to do some more gelatine printing, so Monday and Tuesday I'll have to be tidying the place up, moving furniture and rolling up the rug. we'll have to see how much I get done.

At the same time, I had wanted to be more active in the internet Fast Friday challenges. This is a fibre art challenge that is issued the last Friday of every month. You then have one week to finish a project and get it posted on the Yahoo site. This year, the year long theme is to work in series with a recurring theme of some sort, and the challenge of the month is to use a complimentary colour scheme. And I have to have it finished by next Saturday.

No comments: