Monday, September 8, 2008

Eeek!

I made my "to do" list and several things came up that I really needed to do--soon. So I got on the phone and touched base with the last few ladies who have volunteered to host guests for the upcoming Embroiderers' Association of Canada, Prairie Pacific Regional meeting. I need to write up a few notes to mail, and one more phone call and the arrangements are done. Now I keep my fingers crossed that nothing comes up. I had trouble contacting one of my billet hosts, but she finally phoned yesterday, having just come home from the lake. I had visions of having to find another host at the last minute. I made preliminary contact with the three ladies who have agreed to participate in a presentation with me on Art Quilts in January, and then, I realized that I have to come up with four volunteers within the next week, for a session on crafts, at a local book store.

I checked to see if there was anything I needed to do before meetings tomorrow and Wednesday. Yup! Things to do. So I tried to make some samples of little , hand-sewn, quilted Christmas ornaments yesterday. I was tired and out of sorts and this just wasn't fun. So I'll try to finish them today. Then I have to write up the instructions so that they can be run past a test group. What I'm really doing is procrastinating over my B&W challenge quilt. ( Picture in a previous posting) I put it up for a critique, on the Yahoo group. I only got one response, and she said that she could see a face in my piecing. No other response. Not being stupid, I figure that this is an example of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". So, while I may finish it, I don't think it will be entered in the challenge.

1 comment:

cat said...

i think it is very striking. I would love to see it finished. Just because someone else doesn't see your vision, it doesn't mean your vision isn't good