Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last day before the Big Event!

The weekend is coming fast. Then three days of "hurry up and wait" activity. Everything is in place. I had e-mail this morning that one last glitch had been dealt with. I have an appointment to pay the caterer for the Saturday food this afternoon, and will pay the caterer for the Friday food on Friday afternoon. I need to make a couple of phone calls this morning--such as arranging to pick up the van we have borrowed. I get to relax this afternoon at a friend's house-- My Tuesday Night Stitchers That Meet on Wednesday Afternoon group. Not that I'm doing that much hand stitching these days. Tomorrow I have to spend a good part of the day getting ready for the Quilter's Guild meeting in the evening. I have so many various things to take with me that I'll need to rent a truck!

I got a cheque from the Wilno Gallery yesterday, andI just about have the package ready to send her. She really hasn't sold that much of my stuff, but has asked for Sunprints and small stuff. It would be good to get it in the mail in the next day or so. A lot of it I had on hand, but have to make coffee cuffs. I put together five sunprinted hangings yesterday, and got one of them FMQ'd. When I put the binding on it, I realized that the fabric I had backed it with was stained. Can't do anything about that one, but I need to take the others apart and put new backing on. It was a subtle stain that didn't show up until the white backing fabric went over the white batting.

My friend Dianne phoned yesterday. She had received an acceptance for her piece "My DNA" for the Pacific Inernational Quilt Festival in California. This is very pretigious, and she was overjoyed. We talked for a while about our different approaches to our work. The gist of it was that, if I want people to see my work, I have to enter it in shows. She is encouraging me to enter my "Value Study" into the show it was designed for--the show deadline in September 28th, and I can enter electronically. I think the first step is to finish the piece.

No comments: