Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Playtime

I spent time with my little machine. It will do a good job on most things. When I tried to felt a tinselly type of fabric it was a disaster, but do I ever like the effect using Duipioni silk. I tore the silk into very narrow strips, which created all sorts of loose threads, and then fellted the whole thing down. Threads and all. Long "eyelash" yarn just became "mush", but I can see a place for that, too. I'm going to start working my way through the Quilting Arts Gift Book. There are several projects in there that will give the machine a good workout. Now I have to figure a way to have both my sewing machine and the embellisher up and ready to go at the same time. They both fit beautifully into my cabinet, but it's a bother to be switching them back and forth.

I saw a picture on the internet of some sunprinting done with black paint. Wow! Do I ever want to try that! I had thought that I was finished sunprinting for this year, but all I need is one bright sunny day! I have in the back of my mind a series of pieces done to explore the grey scale. This might fit very nicely into the series.

No comments: