Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting things done

Making those lists really helped. I'm accomplishing all of the little things that tend to clog up my mind. You know--the things that will only take a minutes but mean actually sitting down and doing them. Knowing that I tend to procrastinate means that I can blame it on that, and not on the knowledge that difficulty initiating activity can be one of the first signs of dementia--let's not go there. When I looked at what needs to be done for the meeting tonight I found over 20 pages of documents that I need to review pending discussion at the meeting. These are policy drafts, strategic plan drafts etc. Really exciting stuff. The meeting tomorow only has 5 pages of stuff. So I guess that's what I'll be doing for the next day or so.

Yesterday evening I tried something a little different. I printed on fabric using a celery knob. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to use paint or dye and ended up using paint because my celery knob was getting old, and I hadn't pre-treated the fabric to make it ready to take dye. I'm not sure that it going to work with the piece I have in mind, but the result was interesting. It looked like a rose. I thickened the paint so that it would be easier to control and used it on dry fabric so that the shape wouldn't wick out.

No comments: