Sunday, October 12, 2008




The little quilted piece is finished, but needs to be trimmed and bound. Some really weird trees--guess I need to work on trees. It's not great art, and is a little too traditional for me, but I sure learned a lot making it--which was the goal. I know others have tried to make fog/mist by using organza overlays etc, and I'm not sure that the needle felted roving is much of an improvement. Now I'm having an argument with myself about what sort of sleeve to put on it. Do I just put a little sleeve for a piece of doweling, or do I get all arrogant and put on a show sleeve? It really is a piece of junk, IMHO, but lately others have thought my work was better than I gave it credit for. I had orignally planned to take it tothe FAN retreat, but those ladies can be too honest. I think I'm answering my question--I don't really think it's worthy of exhibition-- no matter how much I want to build a body of work of show quality.

No comments: