Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Ravenesque meeting went well. It was a real pleasure to have my friends over. Quite different from hosting a meeting at the house. DH was in our home office on the computer for the evening, while the ladies and I were directly below in my studio. He said that at times the giggles were quite loud, and he could hear us having fun. They got to try my needle felting machine, and I think at least one of them may be looking at buying one. So far, I've just been playing with it, but now I have to start trying to figure out how I'm going to use it in my work. For many years I've had an image in my mind of a row of trees in the fog and mist. I've even taken pictures of just such a scene. This time of year I used to pass a section of highway on my way to work, at just the right time of morning--about dawn--to see the mist and trees. I could also use some of my gradation dyed grey fabric, as at that time of day, there is very little colour.

Not today, however. I have a meeting at the house tonight. It is all a plan, you see, to only have to clean the house once, by piggy backing the meetings on top of one another. I have another one next week, and should be able to get away with just surface cleaning. Darn! I hate house work! DH baked some very nice fruit bread for me to serve. Now I just have to find those bargain paper napkins that I bought on sale and tucked away for just such an occasion!

The other thing I need to do this week is get out to see a fibre art show at a high-end local gallery. I know all three of the artists involved, and the reviews of the show have been excellent. My friend, Shirley, and I have been planning to go, we just haven't been able to set a time. So I may not be able to blog eveyday for the next little while.

No comments: