Thursday, October 9, 2008

thoroughly miserable,

depressing weather-chilly and wet. I started on a small quilted project today with the idea of trying to incorporate my needle felter for some small part of it. I took the time to draft out a pattern and now have about 20% of the top and quilting done. Darn if I didn't screw up the quilted part, not the needle felting! I figured it might have been an example of poor judgement as I've been fighting a cold all day--at least that's what I thought. But I spent the evening watching tv and sewing binding on some pieces that I finished awhile ago, and now my head seems clear. I have to wonder if I was so stuffed up because I was working with wool roving, and I've always known I had a slight allergy to wool. However, I had thought it was a contact allergy, not respiratory. Go figure! Anyway, I'm pleased with the technique I'm using with the little hanging, even if my fabric choices aren't the best. So now it's off to bed and try to do a bit more tomorrow.

No comments: