Monday, October 6, 2008

Where to next..

Now that I've settled on Value Study as my series, I have to figure out what's next. I took another look at the gradation dyeing that I did in August, and think something fairly simple to start with would be best--gradation of simple squares maybe. I want to be able to work the monthly Fast Friday challenges into the series, so really can't progress too quickly.

We had the family over for dinner yesterday. My DS and BIL were in town, as he is having heart surgery today, so they came to visit and both of my children were here as well. (My DS called a couple of minutes ago, to say that so far, things are going well.) In an interesting reversal of roles, my DD cleaned up the whole kitchen after supper while I visited with the others. Never thought I'd see the day!! My DS has applied for another job, after 16 years in the same place. He's quite excited about this and quite optimistic about his chances. I hope it works well for him, because he really needs a change.

My Ravenesque friends are coming tonight. I hope they want to see me but I have a hunch they just want to try out my needle felting machine (LOL). So I'm trying to clean up enough that every one can find a chair. Used some bleach to clean the laundry tub that I use when I'm dyeing. I got a whiff of it and immediately realized that I should have been wearing my respirator. So this is just a quick break until the air clears.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

We came to see you but the new machine was a bonus. I was rather surprised at how much fun I had with your new toy as I've looked into these before and I even went to see them at QAD, they obviously didn't do a good job of showing it to me since I wasn't that impressed with the machine (mind you, I didnt try it). What a fun little machine that is! I've had a look online (reviews) about these machines and you're absolutely right, the Janome one is not as good but for $40.00 more you can buy a needle holder where you can change your needles individually however, I like yours better. I wouldn't mind seeing a Babylock one too, it has 7 needles and SEW has them.