Saturday, October 4, 2008

A quiet day

today, at least that's what I have planned. Next week will be hell on wheels and then the following week I go away to the retreat I've been waiting a year for. This is the one that I've been saving for, and going to all those sales to raise money for. I have a meeting here on Tuesday and then another one on the 15th. I used to have meetings here at least once a month and got used to using those meetings as an excuse to give the house a good cleaning. That routine has slipped a bit and now I'm looking a the house needing a really good cleaning. I haven't done much more than surface cleaning over the summer. So I planned to give myself this weekend to play in the studio and then start on Monday morning with all of the scrubbing and dusting. Whoops! It seems we are having a big family dinner here on Sunday.

Still I think that today will be a putt-ery day. The dye I mixed for use on Wednesday will have to be used today or thrown out. So I'll try a bit of that. Then I really want to finish my entry for the Fast Friday Challenge, which was due by noon today ( Not going to happen) I'm in the process of beading it so just have to add a binding to finish. I painted the binding yesterday, and have it ready to go on. I'm still working on my DGD's Christmas stocking, but have a little more time for that. I need to take something for Show'n'Tell at the retreat next week, and will have to give that some thought. My first instinct is to say that I have nothing. So--find something for supper and then reteat into the studio. It looks like a really beautiful fall day out there. I wonder which of my chores could be done outside?

No comments: