Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quiet couple of days

Tuesday night, I pulled something while trying to adjust the quilts I'm using while sleeping in the recliner ( doctor's orders). So the last couple of days have been spent either doing my month end shopping, or playing internet poker ( I'm a big loser there, too) I'm not a fool. My body said "slow down" and I did.
During that time I took a look at the small hand quilted pieces I've been working on. They are small enough ( 12 by 12)that I quilt in the hand--an impossibilty now. ( I know, I tried) So, I went back to my days as a stitcher, and got out a 12 by 12 frame, and attached the quiltet to it with thumb tacks. I tried working with the frame resting on my studio table, and weighted down to hold it in place. This worked fairly well, but then I got out my floor frame and clamped the frame in there. Once it was adjusted to my working height, things went much better. This means that I have to quilt with a two-step-one down and one up- stitch rather than the one-step "scoop" stitch. This is a long, slow process, but I'm doing something--and that alone is worth the bother.
Today, I'm off to a drop-in get-together where members of a local Etsy group will be talking about selling through the internet. I've never done this, so now is my chance to learn something about it. Maybe this is the window that opened when the door was slammed shut on my production work.

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

You have accomplished much for a quiet couple of days, I am even more embarrased bymy lack of production!! pppththth!!!

Dianne