Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ideas!

I hope to have a busy day today.  I have been invited to submit any pieces that were previously exhibited with the Fiber art Connection of Southern California, to the selection process for a "Best Of"  exhibition.  They just want photos and basic info at this point.  So I spent a couple of hours with photos last night, but only found one.  So today I need to re-photo the others.  Not a huge job, especially if I do them all at the same time--and I know a lot more about using the camera these days. 

Then I want to start putting together the hanging I plan to make with the images of the medieval doorways and portals.  When I actually put the pictures I printed up on the design wall the buildings don't stand out as much as I would like.  After doing some homework for my PSE class yesterday the idea struck me that I could scan the pictures into PSE and then work on enhancing the contrast.  I also made the mistake of printing them onto a lightly dyed piece of cotton, but the pale printed design was just enough to affect the clarity of the print.  So I want to try printing them onto a ecru fabric with a high thread count.  Don't know where I'm going to find that.  The colours I've chosen for the piece are beige, brown, "paprika"( a rusty red),  dark brown,  bronze and black.  Now my mind is wondering if printing them on white would be worth considering. In order to do all this, I will have to figure out how to attach my laptop, with the PSE program, to my printer--a printer that sometimes works.  On top of everything,I would like to have the design and printing done to take to my Ravenesque meeting tomorrow evening.  Oh Yeah!!

Did I say that it would be a busy day?

No comments: