Sunday, March 27, 2011

Traditional quilts

Everything has been set up as almost an assembly line. The top for the smallest one has been pieced, and it's bigger than I anticipated.  The organization has been done and the tracing completed for the second one, so it's ready to assemble tomorrow.  In the queue is the Doorways.  I wanted to get all of the fusing done on that, just in case I ran out of fusible web.  For this sort of job I prefer the paper backed fusible, and it's been hard to find around here for a couple of years, but it looks like it's time to start looking again.  Last time I found it in Fargo, but I don't see a trip there in my near future. Usually I buy it by the bolt, but there don't seem to be as many deals around as there used to be.

The third one is "quilt as you go", which means a lot more cutting at the beginning.  I feel so guilty having to ask DH to help me with that, that I haven't yet mentioned it to him.  Today I had to put away a lot of fabric and get more out, which meant tossing around my big Rubbermade bins.  So I had to break down and ask for help.  He's always willing, and never makes a fuss, but the "guilts" get to me.

No comments: