Monday, March 7, 2011

Pacing

Should know by now that when I try to do too much at one time there is a price to pay.  Yesterday I tried to do my PSE class home work.  Got totally screwed around and made a mess of everything.  Then after a short period of meltdown during which I chastised myself for not learning a damn thing in that wrteched class, I started to work on the photos I took yesterday morning. Everythign went well.  I got them into PSE, did what I had to to send them away, and got them sent away.  Not so successful with the few I treid to put up here.  But by that time I had been playing with the computer for almost three hours and I was wiped.  I had worn myself out trying to to too much too fast.  So the rest of the day I just vegged out--couldn't have done any more if I tried.  I should know that, at my age, recovery time is much longer than in younger people.  Unfortunately my brain thinks I'm much younger than I am.

Today I played some more with the old etchings.  I tried to scan them into PSE and re-size them ( to make a more interesting variety of sizes) and to try to improve the contrast.  Tried printing on paper and on high thread count fabric. By far, the best result s were to simply photcopy them onto the fabric, not worrying about using PSE.  I know that the Vivera inks are not permanent on fabric. So, although I never plan to get these wet, I heat set them and applied a spray-on fixative. Tomorrow, I hope to get atartedon the hanging.

No comments: