Friday, March 4, 2011

Still at it

After finishing the pieces I spoke about, I realized that I had missed a step.  After she puts eveything together, and is more or less finished, she coats her work with gloss gel medium.  She explains that this pulls all of the various materials in the work together.  So I made another small sample and finished it as post cards and ATC's, coating it with the gloss medium before I did the foiling.  It does make a difference, especially with a paper I had used within the piece.  This was rice paper that had been coated with acrylic paint.  This was done as part of a larger project and involved three different colours of paint and a credit card.  The end effect was almost, but not quite, marbelling.  The gloss gel really brought out the colours with this, and sealed the edges, of the paper, as well.  With this one, I used stamping for surface embellishment, rather than the thermofax screens.  It wasn't nearly as effective.

I'm going to have to do some more of this.  I went through my sale stock and find that I need more of the fancy business cards.  I have until the end of the month to do it, but see no problem as I have lots of candy wrappers and painted rice paper.

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

Sheesh, all I got done yesterday was a fibre post card to send to Maggie for her birthday. sigh
Dianne