Saturday, March 26, 2011

Out of my Mind!

Whenever soemone complains about artistic block or trouble getting into a project, the recommendation is always " do something.  It doesn't matter what you do, but just get busy."
The Doorways has been stalled out, as I just couldn't figure out how to place the door sections on the background,  and I had cataract surgery on Wednesday, which kept me out of the studio for a bit.  On Tuesday, I got together with a small group of stitchers that has met once a month for over 10 years.  One of the ladies was telling us of her difficulty in supplying donation quilts to the local Transplant Unit.  In a moment of insanity, I promised her not one, but two adult size qults.  I had already made a mental promise to make a smaller quilt for the donation project at the LQG.  So I'm now working on three traditional quilts from a commercial pattern--and loving it!  Because of the surgery, I can't lift anything for two weeks, and because of the shoulder, using a rotary cutter is difficult, so VDH ( and that's a Very Dear Husband) did most of the cutting for two of the quilts, and the original friend has offered to help cutting the third.  The project has served as a review of traditional methods, and has made me think about the reasons behind most of them.  A good thing to go over once in awhile.

And with anything like this, as soon as my brain had transferred interest to another project, the answer to the design problem in Doorways came to me. So now I'm off and running!

No comments: