Monday, April 21, 2008

Adding pictures

Every time I try to add pictures to anywhere on the Internet I run into trouble. Today I found that I seem to be able to add pictures from a CD without the aggravation that I experience when trying to add them from any other source. That's somewhat limiting as I have very few pictures on CD, This picture is of a quilt that I entered in a recent show put on by the local Guild. It got very positive remarks from the judge, a first place ribbon, and a sponsor's prize for my use of threads and embellishments. I had offered it to another show, but it didn't even get past the jury process there, so now I'm free to put it up here. I got a lot of comments from viewers as well. Many of them commented on the fact that I didn't make my flowers the top layer all the time, but rather put other embellishments on top of them. I saw another quilt with "silk" flowers on it today. She appeared to have altered the shape of the fl0wers and then coloured them to match the colour scheme of her quilt. She then used them in the same way I would use a bead or charm--purely as an embellishment at critical spots on her piece. Food for thought there!

No comments: