Thursday, April 10, 2008

Busy, Busy!

Yesterday I took my entries into the local quilt show for judging. The show opens tomorrow afternoon, and I will likely be there, as a volunteer, most of the time, over the next three days. So it's unlikely that I'll be able to blog.
What an emotional experience! My "babies" going out into the world to be judged. Last time I entered something like this--a number of years ago, I got a nasty comment from one of the judges, and I was hurt. Since then I have judged myself, but I've been cautious about what I say, just because of that one unpleasant experience. This time I'm really going out on a limb, because I've entered my art quilts into a fairly traditional show. I'll be interested in how they are accepted--or not accepted. Once before I put an art quilt into a traditonal show ( I didn't realize how traditional until after I had entered). It wasn't judged, but they displayed it down at knee level and behind a chair. I got the message, but it was still interesting to see women down on their knees, blocking the aisle, trying to look at my quilt.

Yesterday I started on a piece that I have planned in my mind, and have been wanting to get to for quite awhile. It isn't working. I'm at a loss on how to fix it, and will have to spend some time thinking about it. I also started my first larger piece of discharging. I have let it dry over night and will take it outside to iron today. I think a respirator is definately on the shopping list. I also sent out an application for a larger show next summer. This may well mean re-designing my booth, and even, adding some lighting. More thought needed there, but I have lots of time.

No comments: