Monday, April 14, 2008

What a Weekend!

What a great quilt show! Every time our local guild mounts a show they seem to do a better and better job. I spent a great deal of time there, but as a volunteer with specific jobs to do, so wasn't able to wander aimlessly through the quilts, as I like to do. I did get to view them, however, and I have to say that I feel that the contemporary quilts received as much respect as the more traditional ones. This is a huge step forward for the Guild. All three of my babies came home with ribbons, and one of them won a sponsor's prize for the "best use of threads and embellishments". I have such a sense of validation, but more importantly, now I want to get into my studio and start making up all of the designs I have had in my head over the past three days.

No comments: