Monday, April 7, 2008

Branding

In my very informal exploration of marketing relative to the kind of work I do, it has been suggested that, as artists, we become known for some sort of special technique or style of work. It would appear that the sunprinting is becoming associated with me. I only have about 5 small matted pieces left, and I sold the last larger wall hanging that I had. I was really glad to sell the hanging. I sold some of smaller stuff as well, so have to say that Sunday really was a better day for sales. It was still cold and unpleasant, so maybe people were forced into the buildings instead of being out walking the trails. So now I have to think about exploiting my new identity as the Sunprint Lady. I spent some time last evening looking at what fabric I have left that has been printed that way, and while there is more than I thought, it still isn't much. I have far more of the mono-printed pieces. I have heard of sunprinting already coloured fabric and I wonder what would result if I tried printing over some of the mono-prints. I'm sure having trouble thinking of how else I might use them. But that will have to be put aside for now. I have another big weekend coming up with a big local quilt show. I have to get my entries ready, and then I have to re-label the items I'm putting into the boutique. I really don't expect to sell much, but even one item is more than I would sell if everything stayed in my basement.

No comments: