Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy, busy meets ZZZZZZ

What a disappointment! The "Big Sale" isn't. I took in enough yesterday to pay for lunch, but not the gas to get there. The room is small and poorly lit. All morning we were told "wait until after lunch--that's when people come here". Then all afternoon we were told " Wait until tomorrow. Sunday is always a busier day out here" We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. I saw some very interesting glass work at another vendor. I'm sure they are just her leftovers, but they are tiny globules of glass, with what appears to be tiny growths or flowers imbeded inside ( Millefleurs??) She wants $10each and I figure that's a good price for something I could use in a collage--or even design a collage around. I can even see them worked into some of my box tops. However, I'll have to make a lot more money before I can afford to buy even one of those! Would be nice though. Maybe I'll have to see if there are any small boxes for sale at Mrs. Twitchett's. There is also a lady who does "backstrap" loom weaving. She has some quite beautiful pieces. My friend the rug weaver is not doing well, either. She did very well at this sale last year, so this must be a big disappointment to her. We have had a change of venue, and this is obviously not been in our favour.

The venue itself is interesting. It is a nature reserve(?) that specializes in waterfowl. The little lake was still frozen, but covered in hundreds of Canada geese. They just appeared to be hunkered down there waiting for spring. A lot of them were wandering around the grounds, as they are allowed to do, fighting and honking. When we first got there, there were deer wandering around, but they had pretty well disappeared later in the day. There is a small herd of bison as well. They seemed to be practising for a stampede. While I've seen bison herds before, I've never seen one so active.

No comments: