Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What to do? What to do?

Monday evening was our regular monthly Ravenesque meeting. I took all of the prints I've been making to see if anyone had ideas of what I could do with them. A couple of them have found new homes, and now I'll be interested in what happens to them. My absolute fabourite was a piece that had been used to clean up while I was working on the the more formal prints. This often happens, and now I make a point of treating my clean-up rags as carefully as I do my prints. I also was given four mini-cones of metallic thread to test for the distributer. I spent yesterday doing the testing, and I think I learned a lot about metallic thread. I wonder if we shouldn't be putting every new thread we buy through the same process. I can think of a couple of times that doing so would have saved me grief.
Today is the big day! I get to take my quilts into the quilt show--and then it is out of my hands. I have entered three of them into competition. They are definitely art quilts, but I feel that my technical skill is equal to anyone's, so I'm going to be very curious to see how the art-y quilts fare in the judging. I guess I'm just feeling that I need that external validation of my work. I have been pretty careful not to show them off at things like the Guild Show'n'Tell, so that they will be fresh for the show.
So now I can relax and get back to actually producing art.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

I just love the piece I got and thinking about what I want do to to it.