Friday, May 2, 2008

Busy weekend

Last evening DH and I went to the opening reception of the show where my pieces are hung. It was neat to see them up there with the painting. There were also some very, very nice fused glass pieces. I knew that this woman was a potter, but didn't realize that she also worked in glass. It was also great to see strangers actually looking at my pieces with a great deal of interest. Tomorrow I have volunteered to sit in the gallery for 5 hours ( fool that I am), but I have been told that I can take something to work on while I'm there. I'm not sure the gallery owner knew that I was the "fibre person" when she said that, but we'll see how she reacts when I haul in my floor frame and start stitching! I've started putting together a piece that will be a sample for this course I'm working on. I wanted to go through the process again before I started to write down things. I wanted to take pictures along the way, and I will, whether they will be used in the instructions or not. I'm also working on a small hanging that I need to have mostly finished before participating in a class next Saturday. I had it all pinned together yesterday, but then felt that something wasn't "right", so I left it on the design wall to percolate. I think I now know what I need to do, but I'm not sure if it's possible. So that has to be taken care of this morning, so that I can take it along tomorrow to work on if there's time.

And--I found out that there is a big quilt show in Morden this weekend, but now that I'm committed to other things, it looks like I'm going to miss it. It's usually a very traditional show, but an event none the less, and there are often vendors attached. But then I look at the price of gas, and figure that it's just as well that I can't go. If I bought the gas, I couldn't afford to shop at the vendors.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

I know what you mean about gas, it's what 300 KMS round trip. I'm going but it's been planned for a while and we're going to make a day of it. Besides most of the vendors were at the MPQ quilt show.