Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday!! You say it's Thursday!!?

Where did the week go? Running erands I guess. Yesterday I had my meeting of the Tuesday Night Stitchers That Meet on Wednesday afternoon. A good chance to catch up on gossip, although that's not something I usually do. Tuesday I finally got a chance to get into my studio. I have a sale coming up on June 7th. It was unexpected, and I really need to get some stock prepared. While I may not sell anything, I will be needing stock for the summer sales anyway, and this will give me a chance to test out my new booth arrangement. I made a couple of small collages--5" by 7" in an 8"by 10" matt. I've not made any this small before, so I'll see how they sell. This will give me a range of sizes, and a range of prices. Yesterday morning and evening I worked on sun printed wall hangings. I have two of them all put together ready to free motion quilt. Then I need to put together a couple of larger collages. I have been buying "silk" flowers and getting them ready to use but I haven't even thought much about what colour I want these collages to be. Lately, I have been working with a very subdued green/grey/purple piece of hand painted fabric that I very much like, and it makes me wonder what a larger collage might look like in more subdued colours. So far they have all been very bright--and the bright ones have sold well,--so this would be a gamble.

But where is the time going? My house is a shambles. All I want to do is work in the studio, but I'm not really even doing that. I had hope that this year I might finally get down to doing some spring cleaning--hasn't happened. We ( the Royal "we") put in some bedding plants over the past few days, and then we had frost. They seemed to come through it okay. I have the most beautiful Hellebore in the garden. I like it so much that I went out and bought three more ($$$), and have hopes of ending up with a bed of them. It had flowers before the snow was gone. There are at least nine big blooms on it now, and I believe it will bloom most of the summer. The lady slippers are up. I even have a couple of daisys that have come up again. Last year the Bleeding heart didn't appear. So we wrote it off, but now I've been told that it will take a year's holiday every once in awhile, and sure encough, it's back. DH wants to cut down the choke cherry tree, because of problems with the suckers. It would be a pity as the birds love the berries, but we also have the Nanking cherries for the birds. So it might be alright.

Today I have to attend a conference on "Planned Giving". There is hope that we can establish such a thing at the museum where I serve on the Board of Directors. After that I'm off to a friend's house for a studio day.

No comments: