Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Distractions!!

I keep getting distracted from my work. Or am I just procrastinating? I re-read my last posting and realized that I had said that I was looking for more "cooperative" groups. That can sure be taken the wrong way! The groups I'm joining are "co-ops" as in marketing co-operatives. The groups I'm leaving are special interst groups, and have been mainstays in my life for as many as 35 years--and as cooperative as any groups can be--sometimes yes, sometimes no. (lol)

Sunday DH came into a wee bit of money, unexpectedly, so yesterday we spent the whole day running around paying bills, and looking at a few things on our wish list. I bought more shoes--I'm becoming a shoe slut! Then I went to my artist support group --Ravenesque--where, after Show'n'Tell, we watched two of my Quilting Arts TV video's. They sure look different on a big screen! I love these video's and now my friends do too. I've pre-ordered the second series, which should be available in June, and I can't wait. The ladies of Ravenesque have started planning our summer studio day, and I think we are going to be taking a technique off the video--fabric paper- or paper fabric-which ever works. I've certainly done this before, but the video showed an extra step that I want to try. Now, I know me. I will be wanting to try this now, instead of working on the jobs and deadlines that are piling up for me. I've never been a person who placed any value on delayed gratification! I really have problems waiting for anything. We'll see how this one works out for me!

No comments: