Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Still procrastinating!

Yesterday I went to my grand daughter's school for "GrandParents' Day". Only when I got there did I find out that I was supposed to be there for my grand son as well! There were grand parents everywhere! They finally got us al corraled in the main foyer and then the children came and took everyone into the gym, where they had tables set up with little paper placemats and plates of cookies. That is everyone except three of us, who had no children come and were left standign inthe foyer. The Principal came and asked who we were there for,and we discovered that our grand children were in the choir, and were already set up in the gym. So we went and ended up standing at the back. The choir sang three songs and left and then the prinicpal spoke for a few minutes telling us that our children would come to pick us up after recess, so that we could go and spend some time in class with them. But in the meantime we could have cofffee and eat the cookies. So I spent about 25 minutes in class with my GD playing Go Fish and going over her flash cards, and then another 20 minutes in class with my GS answering questions from a specially prepared questionnaire, that had been designed to show us both how much we really have in common. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, and it was quite an experience.

On the way home, I stopped to look for a white shell to go with my summer suits. I found two of them, one more formal than the other. Then I spent about an hour going over my whole wardrobe, and getting rid of old or worn clothing. My wardrobe has really reached a crisis point. I've bought very little over the past four years, and what I do have has become stained from all of the painting and dyeing I do. Some of my trousers have just plain worn out. ( I don't know why. I've only been wearing them for 8-10 years). Then I sent my DH out to buy himself some clothing. What a battle that is!! And we've learned not to go together! He needs pants, shirts and a new belt. Anyway, he came home almost three hours later with a dollar and a half worth of Jujubes, and two tomato plants. Nothing else.

No comments: