Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sick again!

Very frustrating. But it did get me out of a meeting I didn't want to attend last night.

Would you believe that every single hotel room in Pinawa Manitoba ( not even on a lot of maps) is booked for the last weekend in July? And there are quite a few of them. One place is a retreat center, but rents out individual room--over 350 of them--and it's fully booked. So we went a little further afield- as far as Lac du Bonnet--which was almost full as well. There, both of the places with rooms were pretty scummy, and we didn't make reservations. We got to our meeting and found out that the place where we were meeting was actually a bed and breakfast. So we have reserved a lovely room, with an ensuite c/w jacuzzi tub, and a patio door out onto a huge wooden deck with a hot tub. It's right on the lake front, and cheaper than the scummy hotel rooms we were looking at. Over all, probably not much more expensive than driving home for the night, but this is only 15 minutes of driving instead of an hour and a half. So everything is set for the sale in July. Let's hope I make some money there.

Got a lot of odds and ends taken care of in the studio yesterday. This what I do when I'm not feeling well. I just plug along working on mindless projects, and not talking to anyone. However, I went a little too far and did some poor FMQ on a little hanging I've been working on. I'll have to look this morning and see if it's really as bad as I remember. Today I plan to do the FMQ on the other little hanging I have ready, then get started on yet another, in hopes of having three for the sale June 7th. If the first one just isn't good enough, I would still like ot have two. I also put the facing on another piece I've been agonizing over. It just wasn't working, and I finally decided that it was too long in proportion to its height. So I cut it down to the "Golden Rectangle" proportions, and I'm much happier. It has ended up very small, but the piece I cut off is big enough to make yet another hanging. And on it goes.

We are going to the lake this weekend. More time away from the studio. This is the only time our son can help us replace the roof on our little building there. Our insurance company has asked us to get rid of the wood burning heater in our kitchen, and we want to get that done as soon as possible too. Unfortunately I have to be in Selkirk Sunday afternoon to pickup my pieces from the show there. No, they didn't sell, although at least one piece of pottery did.

Now DH is awake and it's obvious that he has this horrible summer cold as well. The joys of having grandchildren!

No comments: