Saturday, May 3, 2008

new support group

This week I joined the group "Mentoring Artists for Women's Art (MAWA). I went to a wonderful presentation there a couple of months ago ( Martha Cole on her art), a panel discussion this week on marketing and self promotion, and yesterday a talk on the value of the Manitoba Craft council. As an unemloyed pensioner the membership was only $15/year, and I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. From what I gathered yesterday, a membership in the Crafts Council (MCC--which also stands for Mennonite Centreal Committee--confusion there!) might be well worth the price as well. At least it would give me access to local shows. I really feel that I'm in a transitional stage in my career as an artist. I'm leaving the special interest groups behind and moving on to more cooperative groups that focus on a variety of art areas. Whether this will work out in the long run, I have no idea, but the journey is exciting so far.

No comments: