Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wasted time

My biggest regret in being sick is all of the studio time I loose. I had planned to spend most of this week down there, but instead I've spent most of this week in bed! I also need to learn that when I'm not well, my judgement is poor, so I shouldn't be making design decisions. I was a little better last evening, and remembered, so spent the evening doing cross-stitch from someone else's pattern--a Christmas stocking for my latest grand child.

Had a nasty surprize from my e-mail. I've been trying to get permission to copy an article I found on the internet. It is very, very appropriate for a special project I've been working on for my local embroidery Guild. Found out today that the author has responded twice, but it appears to have been caught in my spam filter. Now, I have very good spam filters. I was forced to go that route when my previous provider was "black listed" by most other providers and I couldn't get e-mail to my sisters. It's sort of nice to never receive any spam, but I hate it when something like this happens. However, corresponding with my sisters is important to me, and I don't think this is going to make me change providers. I've heard that there is a way of checking what spam has been rejected. Maybe it's time to find out.

I was inspired by the recent issue of Quilting Arts to try to alter some mono-prints that I did recently. I tried stamping, and it didn't really work well. Now I may try drawing on it, and then some walnut ink, and finally I may do some foiling. I think I might even cut it up and do a little piecing. My hopes are to end up with a piece big enough that I can matt it with an 8"x10" matt. I have one-only one-paint stick, and the colour is wrong. The original print is basically Seta-Color vermillion, with some gold added on top. I actually had four prints in this colour range, and have started a new collage with two others. I usually put "silk" flowers on my collages, but with this one I'm thinking of some of the "silk" leaves that I've saved when getting the flowers for other pieces. The greens will make a good complimentary scheme with the vernillion. But many of those greens are very much the same, so I may have to augment with commercial fabrics. Should be interesting.

Other than that, we're baby sitting today while my DD and SIL spend time at the bank finalizing all of the money issues with their new house. He has been offered work out of town, so they have manged to get the bank to agree to do everything a little earlier than originally planned, so that both of them can be there at the same time. They are so excited about the new house, and hope to get a new car out of it all, as well. I sure hope I'm up to it. I was still pretty sick yesterday, and I don't know if I'm feeling much better today. But it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, and DH will be with me.

No comments: