Friday, May 23, 2008

Confusion and, at last, progress

Well, the conference on planned giving was not on how to talk people into it, but rather, they wanted to talk me into it. Interesting, and if I twist some of the ideas, I can use them in designing a program. The confrence was free and included a great lunch, so it wasn't a waste of time. Then off for a session of "Tea in the Studio", with a couple of art quilter friends. This morning DH and I went off to buy fabric paint (gotta use those Michael's coupons!).
It was such a beautiful day that I spent the afternoon in the garden painting fabric, even if there was a lot of wind. I got nine or ten pieces done, including saving my "wipe up rag". It looks pretty good. Some of it was sun printing with cedar and tomato leaves. The cedar sprigs look really great. I even used them on a couple of pieces that I had planned for underwater scenes. I'll use the cedar again, even though I have to steal it from the neighbour's tree. I found the global cedar worked better than the columnar one. The sprigs spread more evenly. So now I have enough fabric for a couple of months work in the studio, but after standing all day, my feet are so sore that I'll have to learn to work sitting down, in order to get anything done. When it was finished, and I had cooked supper and cleaned the kitchen, I was so tired that I just vegged our in front of the tv. This is not something I usually do--my hands are always busy. I watched the old (1965) Jack Lemmon movie "How to Murder your Wife". I always liked that film. So, a very satisfying day over all.

No comments: