Monday, November 24, 2008

And how do you get ready for Christmas/

As for me, I make jam! Yes, that's how we spent the day--making jam and jelly. Actually it had nothing to do with Christmas. We needed to clean out our freezer. So all of the out-dated fruit etc had to be used. I made my usual bramble berry jelly ( 27 jars). and a batch each of Rhubarb and pineapple jam and strawberry jam. All of that done, we looked at the two batches worth of Nanking cherry juice, an empty sugar bin, and both of us ready to drop, and decided to throw out the Nanking cherry juice. Neither of us is that fond of the jelly, and we're too broke from Christmas shopping to head out to buy more sugar. I wish I had planned all of this better. Now we have the whole evening ahead of us, no energy, and nothing on tv. One good thing about searching for canning supplies in the basement--we found a bottle of Crown Royal. It was probably a gift a few years back, and had been put away for a special occasion. Now I don't drink whiskey, but DH will certainly enjoy it!

No comments: