Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Supper out

Last evening was a fund raising dinner on behalf of the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library. It was arranged with a small local restaurant called Muddy Waters Smokehouse. Well, of course, DH couldn't go as he is allergic to smoked food, so my DD and DGD went with me. What a delight the little one was. Her mother took a small colouring book and a set of markers along. Now the little one would only sit at a table with a red tablecloth, which sort of messed up the seating plan, but once she was there she quietly coloured until everyone was seated and had ordered. She told her mother she was hungry ( this was after 7:00 and she had been on the go all day). DD asked the waiter if she could get a small package of crackers. They don't serve soup and there were none, but the manager came over carrying his coat, and offered to go to another nearby restaurant to get some and did!! Talk about service!! We were seated 12 to a table, and a kind gentleman on the other side of DGD took to drawing on the back of the paper menu we had been given, making fierce animals for her to colour.

Now attached to this was a silent auction. Even the waiter and restaurant manager bought tickets. I brought home a sushi set. I hadn't known what it was, but had put my ticket into the draw for what I thought were pretty dishes. This is only funny because DH and I had been talking about sushi earlier in the day, after noticing that there seems to be sushi house opening on every street corner. He won't touch the stuff, so I guess the set will become "pretty dishes" after all.

Today I hope to finish the Christmas stocking for the other DGD. I've started cutting the piping and lining. I also want to finish the needle felted bird garland that I was working on awile ago. I have so little left to take to the sale this weekend, and this will be something very different.

No comments: