Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sales over--

Over all I brought in --gross--just over $500 over the three weeks. So Christmas is more or less paid for. That puts my total income for the year at under $1000--gross. I sure hope I'm having fun, "cause I'm sure not making any money!! But we decided awhile ago that we will consider this to be our entertainment and amusement. I guess we have to look at it that way.

After I got home and made supper yesterday, I was exhausted--probably more of an emotional tiredness than anything else. I spent most of the evening baking savory snacks to give the family at christmas, which is mainly a "hurry up and wait" activity. So I read a book. I can't remember the last time I spent an evening reading. It was a mystery by P. D. James. These are very long very involved stories, and you really have to read a fair bit of the story at a stretch, or you get lost in the people and plot. Certainly not a "bathroom book".

Today I have an afternoon meeting, out of town. The lady selling me the sewing machine lives in the area, and we will get together. Then it's my youngest DGD's birthday celebraton, again out of town. We should be able to get supper there, so I don't have to cook.

For the next week, while I have some computer writing to do for my volunteer work, I've decided that I really can't ignore the housework any longer. Kicking and screaming, I will drag myself into cleaning. Of course, I also know that I'lll be procrastinating as much as possible, so you may find some long messages here.

No comments: