Friday, November 21, 2008

What a day!

Most of it went as planned. Christmas shopping, and home to drop off the loot by 10:30 am. then off to the other side of the city to drop some receipts off at Blue Cross and head south for silk. I found some silk to match the other colours I'm using ( $$$-Ka-ching!!) but no the pink. so we went to the other embroidery store in the city, and no luck there either. So I had to reconcile myself to using cotton floss instead of the silk. Then I spent most of last evening picking out what I had done so far so I could replace the pink that I had been using. Now I've got the cotton in and I think it was a good decision. Today I have to tag and inventory all of the stuff that has to be delivered for the sale tomorrow. Sounds like a huge job until I realize that I don't have very much to go. I was going to relax tomorrw, but now I'm told that they will need help at the second sale I'm in tomorrow. No sale stuff there, mainly donated goods, as it's for a charity.

Of course , the afternoon was spent returning and replacing a couple of things. One was a cute little doll ( Dream and Glow Pooh)for the youngest, whose birthday celebration is this weekend. It was on the list, and when I saw only one on the shelf, I grabbed it. Got home and discoverd that it didn't work. I would have tested it in the store, if I had any idea of what it was supposed to do! Now I can't stop playing with it. The other is a video. We had to visit a couple of stores to find it When I told my DD that we had it , she told me that it had been a birthday gift last week! So it goes back today.

Finally, just before bedtime, I got an e-mail offering me an unbelievable deal on a sewing machine. I had wanted to get one for my DD for Christmas, but had lost out in an auction. The first deal fell through, and she has now offered it to me, but at a slightly higher price than I had bid. I told DH and he thought for a minute and said "buy it". This puts me wa-a-a-y over budget for Christmas, but DD has a birthday in January, so we'll see. I'll have to spend some time learning to use it, as it's not a brand I'm familiar with, and we know who will have to teach DD. So I sure hope to sell stuff tomorrow, or else we eat KD for the rest of the month!

No comments: