Thursday, November 13, 2008

Endless search

for peer support. I would so much like to find women to whom I can relate on a peer basis, in reference to my art. There aren't many around here. How does one find such people? Maybe I've reached the stage when I need to just get my art out there, and hope that the right people will come to me. The basic problem is that I don't--deep in my heart--believe that my stuff is that great. I don't believe that my skills are, at all, on a par with others who have taken things like Cities and Guilds courses. And yet a well qualified friend is very encouraging, whenever I see her. I would hate to think that I'm just seeking out adulation to satisfy my own ego. However, it's important to me that my work be respected. A-a-argh!

I finished the embroidery on my DGD's Christmas stocking last evening. Now I have to do the beading, and put it together. It would be great if it could be ready for her birthday, which we plan to celebrate on November 23rd. I seem to remember that my children tried to use spoons to eat their first birthday cake, but this little one hasn't yet started to use one. I think her mother dreads the associated laundry.

No comments: