Friday, November 28, 2008

Still searching for myself

Last night I went to the AGM of a local organization Mentoring Artists for Women's Art ( MAWA) A small but obviously, active group. I found them friendly and interesting. I ran into a lady who assured me that she had sorted out all of the membership problems I had run into with the Manitoba Crafts Council, another lady who has agreed to participate in the Sharing Craft sessions I've been helping organize in collaboration with a local book store, and a third lady who just happened to have been involved in a program that I was interested in and could explain it to me. This makes me a little happier about my decision to leave some of the special interest groups that I've been with for many years, and seek out others that might be of more benefit to me. Now I don't join these groups just to benefit. I fully realize that you get out according to what you contribute. But lately I've felt that I 've been contributing a lot more than I benefit.

I'm also realizing that you need to initiate your involvement--they don't seek you out. So I've found two activities within the next week that I plan to attend.

Got to babysit with my two youngest grandchildren yesterday for a couple of hours. This is always a delight, especially for just a couple of hours. The youngest has not been well, and although she is doing better, just wanted to snuggle--not that Grnadma would object ot that!

No comments: